Saturday, July 27, 2013

Peach Jelly Saturday!



This evening, it was time to try a new project.
Peach jelly!
The summer before last, I canned LOTS of peaches. I still have some left, actually.  Only after the fact did it dawn on me, "We eat WAY more jelly than canned peaches! Why didn't I make jelly?!"

Oh well. The peaches came in handy for a cobbler here and there. But last summer the peaches didn't make. So my peach jelly idea had to wait a little longer.

Finally this summer...we have PEACHES!

I found this recipe on Pinterest:
http://addapinch.com/cooking/2012/07/13/peach-jelly-recipe/


Salem wanted in on the jelly-making action!
We'll see how long this lasts, considering we have 
biscuits and jelly almost every morning for breakfast.
And we have enough peach seeds to dry and save for 
a mini- orchard! ;)
And the left-over peach pulp made a yummy peach 
crisp!

I love summer fruits and veggies!

No comments: