Thursday, October 10, 2013

Work!

We have been working non-stop on our new/old house. While I have been painting everything, Danny has been laying hardwood floors. This all has been a pretty big chore. 

As I had mentioned before, we happened upon an incredible deal on cherry wood floors on Craig's list. It turned out to be almost enough wood for the downstairs of our house (excluding the kitchen) for $600! This was a huge blessing because there were so many spots that were very weak and in need of serious repair, being that they were 102 year old pine floors, our original plan of refinishing those turned out to be not a good one. We ended up a tad short on flooring to finish out Camila's room so we are trying to decide how we should finish out that room. But because the work has rolled on for three weeks and we seriously have got to MOVE, we are going to go ahead and seal the flooring that is currently laid, and finish Camila's floors in the next few weeks after we move in. 

My sweet hubby literally stayed up all night sanding and buffing the floors to speed this process along. Here's the almost (not sealed) finished product.

The edges still need sanding around the perimeter of the rooms.

I've painted most of the downstairs (with the help of some awesome family and friends!) a linen color, or country white. I've always adored the classic white beaded board look. The living room was an aqua color and I love it. It's staying that color for a while!

More pictures to come soon!

2 comments:

Amber said...

It looks amazing! Great job y'all! Can't wait to visit soon. :)

Penny said...

That is beautiful! Can't wait to come visit! :)