Don't be misled-you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant. Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit. Galations 6:7-8
These scriptures have been ringing in my heart for a few weeks now. One morning it hit me, "How much of what I do is for my own selfishness, and not living by the Spirit?"
This really hit home as a parent. I began asking myself, "How many times during the day do my actions come from selfishness, and not from the Lord?" When I am correcting the boys, is it by the Spirit? When I am frustrated because I cannot get everything done that I need to, do I become impatient with the kids, even if it has nothing to do with them or their behavior? Do I spend too much time checking off a mental list of tasks each day, and less time sowing love and righteousness into my family, and those I come in contact with?
The scripture is not difficult to understand. What I sow in my flesh will reap destruction and death. What I sow in the Spirit will reap everlasting life! By all means, THAT is what I want to be sowing into my kids!
Lord, help me to live by the Spirit. What a gift from you! What a joy to have an internal guide throughout my day to direct my steps. I can only live by the Spirit because of you living within me. YOU overcame the world. I know I can live by the Spirit today because of the wonderful gift of YOU, Jesus, living within me.
5 comments:
Ooh I am excited about your blog! Woo Hoo!
Callie, I am so happy for you! You have some beautiful kids/blessing. I will love to be able to keep up with your family on your blog.
Welcome to Blogger! You are going to love it...and I am going to love keeping up with you guys! I was stunned at how big Amaus is getting - cute Christmas card...Can't wait to see you guys again!
I can't find a typo on yours...it just says Merry Christmas! Love, The Reed's. Besides you are SUPER mom -designing the shirts, getting all the kids to look at the camera smiling, finding cards that go with the picture - you amaze me - so don't be too hard on yourself. And everyone knows home schooled kids always turn out wayyyy smarter! :)
Yo yo yo. :-)
Post a Comment