
We had a very fun, but very busy weekend. Saturday we celebrated Isaac's 3rd birthday. We had family and some church friends over for cake and ice cream. It was an enjoyable party. The kids all seemed to have fun. We played a sort of "cake-walk" game where I would call out certain shapes when the music stopped, and whoever was standing on that shape would receive a prize.


The kids mainly had a ball jumping on the trampoline, and p
laying with our new backyard pet. That's right- a goat. Josiah came inside on Friday and told me that he had decided what he wanted to name our goat. I asked him what, and he said, "Prophet Little Goat". I don't know where he comes up with this stuff!! So we call him "Prophet" but Josiah calls him "Prophetlittlegoat". He insists on saying all three names.


The kids mainly had a ball jumping on the trampoline, and p
laying with our new backyard pet. That's right- a goat. Josiah came inside on Friday and told me that he had decided what he wanted to name our goat. I asked him what, and he said, "Prophet Little Goat". I don't know where he comes up with this stuff!! So we call him "Prophet" but Josiah calls him "Prophetlittlegoat". He insists on saying all three names.Isaac seemed to really enjoy having a special day just for him. He was so cute when we were singing 'Happy Birthday' to him. He would just lower his head like he was loving it, but was very embarrassed.
My friend Cristi took these wonderful pics at the party. She offered to, since I still don't have a camera yet. Danny is showing the camper to someone who seems very interested, this evening. I am really praying it will get sold!





My friend Cristi took these wonderful pics at the party. She offered to, since I still don't have a camera yet. Danny is showing the camper to someone who seems very interested, this evening. I am really praying it will get sold!
The latest hobby that my older boys have, is going with their Grandaddy up in the barn loft, and eating turnips and carrots from the garden. It is the greatest thing in the world to them! He will also fill up the tailgate of his truck with hay (when he is taking it to the cows) and they will jump from the loft onto the hay. It sounds dangerous. hehe But it seems like one of those things that I would have LOVED doing when I was little.




I love having the privilege of raising the boys here, where they can enjoy a taste of country life. They love being able to hang out with their grandparents, and just run around freely (occasionally run off where I cannot find them- eek). I know it would not be the same for them if we lived anywhere else.
7 comments:
I love living in the country, too. Even if we don't have lots of farm animals, being out here offers our kids so many wonderful things they wouldn't have living in the city or subdivision.
That cake is awesome, Calley! I didn't know you were such a cake decorator! :)
Looks like they had a great time! Who made the cake it is SO cute!
When I asked them what they were doing up in that loft, Josiah said "Oh just playin in the hay and eatin turnips." LOL I can honestly say I have never heard any of my kids ever say that!
Cristi did a great job on the pics! I knew she would. Don't ya just love having two photographers at your beck and call? lol
Love ya
Obviously, I don't know how either. I'm not listed as a "follower" on any. I think you have to add another category or something. Don't ask me, I'm new too! Anyway, love your new layout! Where did you find this one?
Now, I know. Where the little followers are listed... click on "follow this blog." There you are! I am one of the shadows on yours. That does kinda look like a stalker, though. I will get a picture eventually. I'm waiting till my sinuses clear up, so I won't look like Rudolph.
Happy Birthday Isaac!
I love your blog! Your kids must love living in the country close to grandparents.
I went back and read Amaus' birth story, how beautiful.
Post a Comment