Sunday, February 15, 2009

another party!



We celebrated Josiah's 5th birthday this weekend. We had a fun birthday party with games, a pinnata, and goodies. Josiah decided he wanted a wall-e cake, so Mrs. Betty once again helped me figure out how to make it. Thanks to her- it turned out great. Here are some pics from the day.
Last minute balloon blowing with Shelby

Josiah insisted on playing the cake walk game again!



Here are some pics of Amaus from last week. Things have been beyond busy, and that is why it has taken me forever to post! Life has just been so "go-Go-GO" lately. I really am looking forward to a vacation in my near future.






Lord willing, we are supposed to head to Yosemite National Park this summer! Danny is supposed to take off for 2 straight weeks of the Grand Canyon,






the Rocky California coast,














and then Yosemite National park.








We have been itching for another road trip like this since we were able to go to Yellowstone when Josiah was a yr and a half old. Is it just me, or isn't there something so great about hitting the road with the ones you love- to go and see something amazing together? It is the best feeling. Being a travel writer would be an awesome job- if you could take your hubby and 3 kids along- of course. It would pretty much stink without them. ;>)

4 comments:

Avery's Mommy said...

omg what a great job on the cake - you are SO talented! and amaus is SO adorable and he is getting SO big. i was in town this weekend so I won't be able to make susannah's shower. i will sure miss y'all!

And you are so brave going on a roadtrip w/ the kiddos...I know y'all would have a blast though!

theglenns556 said...

First of all...KUDOS on the cake. VERY impressive.

That is a massive road trip with 3 kiddos...but if anyone can do it...it is you! SUPERMOM!!! I get stressed about Walmart with one! ha!

Calley said...

Oh! Whatever- about the supermom thing. A roadtrip- yes please. Wal Mart... NEVER! Every time I attempt all 3 at wal-mart I just about lose it. We will be making frequent park stops to play frisbee or something to burn energy. ALSO- we will take the captain chairs out of the front for more breathing space. I am sure we will have some screaming spells, but I am praying now for smooth sailing with the kiddos.

Mrs. Betty helped with the cake, big time! She is trying to teach me about cake decorating one project at a time. It is fun! I am sure my WALL E would have looked a lot more like ET without her help!

Amber said...

Yay for vacations and parties! Looks busy around there. :-)