Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I love this camera!











Okay- so I am no professional...at all (obviously)- but this camera is SO much fun! (I haven't edited a thing-as you can see) I am not kidding, you just want to hit the button over and over and over just to hear that cool clicking noise. :>) It is sort of like that feeling I got when I was little and I just wished the cashier at the super market would let me scan a product across the "dinger"- as I called it. You just cannot stop taking pics once you get started! I especially love how there is NO delay to wait for your camera! It's easy to catch the smiles! Hmmm...this makes me wonder if when I took Amaus to have his picture taken, if that lady needed a camera like this one. We aren't sure what the deal was. He would hold a smile for a minute, and there would be this long delay where she slowly said, "Ooooooh. Yeeeees. MMMM-hmmmm", and then she would hit the button just as his face returned to neutral. I dunno.






Anyway- this post will have lot's of pics, because I haven't had the joy of sharing any in a little while.






Yesterday we got news that my great grandma, and the boys great, great grandma, Ella Sandidge, passed away. We were very sad, but thankful that she is in peace now. She was a Christian and I know she is experiencing far greater joy than any in this life. She had been sick, and in some pain and discomfort for a while, and I know she is thankful to be at peace. She had a twin sister, Elsie who passed away last year. She shared a room in a nursing home with another sister, Nora Bell. (Gotta love these names!) I was asked to sing at the funeral. I have to say, singing at funerals might be my least favorite thing to do. It is so sad and awkward. I also came down with a cold yesterday and cannot stop coughing. My voice is hoarser today than it was yesterday. I sure hope it isn't worse tomorrow. Despite my lack of enjoyment in being a funeral singer, I know she would have wanted me to sing, and so I am praying that I will be well tomorrow.


I have to share what I came home to on Saturday. I had taken the boys to Nathan's Birthday party, and Danny decided to fix our bath tub while I was gone. The other night I was soaking in the tub, and I added some more hot water. Well, I stretched my foot out and turned off the hot knob with my big toe. I don't know what happened. The hot started pouring continually from the hot water knob. It would not turn off. I ran and got Danny, who figured out some way to stop the flowing water. As of Sat, it had been about a week and a half- and Danny decided to fix my tub so that I could once again enjoy a deep bath. For this I am beyond thankful.

Let me clear one thing up. I am not a snob. I try not to be matieralistic...but I do like my house to look nice. (although I find enjoyment in doing this on a budget) But what in the world would make Danny think I would LIKE what he decided to do in the bathroom for our "new" fixtures?


No. This is not some kind of sick joke. He was serious!! When I saw these, I just knew this was something temporary. Nope. He thought they would be fine. :>0!! He said he went to Stine and the cheapest ones would be right over a hundred bucks. He could not bring himself to waste money on that. I said, "Did you think of looking somewhere ELSE??"
I asked him how hard it would be to replace them. He told me it would be no biggie. I told him that is a relief, because I will be on the hunt for some cheaper fixtures. hehe Men crack me up. These, uh, pipes would fit adequately in a bachelor's pad...no wait- an old broken down hunting camp- maybe. Perhaps that was the appeal.






















8 comments:

Penny said...

I KNEW you'd LOVE that camera and that one shot of Amaus with that big smile would have been worth it, right? Anyways, tell Danny I LOVE the new fixtures! NOT!! I guess he should get points for creativity, MAYBE! LOL
Aren't you glad you could take a picture of THAT?!!!!
Love ya

Cristi said...

He is his fathers son. LOL

Amber said...

The pictures look great!

And I totally giggled at the bathtub job. hahaha

theglenns556 said...

Love all the pics! I'm so glad to have your blog address. PRECIOUS boys!!

Avery's Mommy said...

omg love the camera and the pics are great!

i am laughing about the bathtub...not b/c i agree w/ you or the other commenters... simply b/c i think it looks fine. kind've retro. what is really funny is that i probably would've bought the SAME thing and charlie would've said absolutely NOT and gone back to purchase the most expensive ones he could find. lol. tell danny i appreciate his cheapness (sorry i couldn't remember the fancy word for being cheap).

Penny said...

You didn't have to go through all of that trouble over the sling. I'm sure it was fine, but guess you've got a couple of girls coming soon that can use it. :)

Donna said...

I love your pictures! Your boys are precious!

Cristi said...

Make your pictures bigger. Old people like me cant see em good. I think there is a setting on your camera to save them bigger.