Thursday, May 7, 2009

planting weekend

Friday afternoon, Danny and I got to go have lunch and go to Upton's Nursery in Natchez, to get a few plants. It was a nice afternoon. When we got home, we got to work planting!


Two girls in the youth came over for a little while and so when it got dark, I gave them a ride home. I didn't even think to grab my purse. They live probably 1/2 a mile from our house. Well, apparently I rolled through a stop sign, because pretty soon, I saw blue lights flashing behind me! The policeman asked for license and proof of insurance. I explained that I, well, didn't have my license. Then I looked in the glove box to see that our proof of insurance had not been placed back in the glove box. There was one- it was from 2006. ooops. Yeah, my husband is an insurance salesman- but we forget to reprint off those little proofs for our own vehicles.



I have never had a ticket in my whole life. I was proud of that. Actually, I was sort of bragging about it to my Dad only two days before the following pics.















Yes, Danny came and took PICS of this! He had to run to the office to get a proof of insurance for us. Believe it or not, the guy only gave me a ticket for the stop sign- which I ended up getting mercy on later! Phew! You know you live in a small town when it is no biggie for your husband to take a photo shoot of your first ticket.






Sunday we had a huge storm blow through. Trees and limbs were down all over the property. Actually, we were in church practicing before church time- and hail began to fall with such force outside that it sounded like a million nails falling on the church roof. The lights ended up going out during the service, but we continued on with a few candles and a flashlight. It was a good service! Our power was out because our box on our pole that brings the power into the house had the wires ripped out of it, when a tree fell on the line itself. Part of our roof was messed up- but it isn't anything huge. We were without power until Monday morning- so we ended up staying with Mrs.Betty and Mr. Paul Sunday night. Monday we realized that some sort of power surge had taken place inside and a lot of our appliances had been ruined. Microwave, TV, DVD/VCR player, baby monitors, fish aquarium pump...oh well. That's life in the ghetto I guess. I think insurance will cover the stuff, so that is good. Also, our air conditioner was messed up in the power surge as well, but they got that up and running on Monday.




On Tuesday we went to Delhi to bring some cows to the sale there. On the way back we stopped by LeeLee and Pa-Paws house. Good times.










Some pictures of the boys playing in the crepe myrtle in the front yard:

7 comments:

Penny said...

About the insurance card... Sounds like those photographers that have no pictures of their own kids. Or house painters that let their own fall apart. ;)

Cristi said...

Victoria already confessed your sins to me! LOL I love the next to last photo of Isaac. I think I finally spelled his name right. Penny told me I have been spelling it wrong! LOL Sorry! :)

Cristi said...

Did your flowers survive the storm? I have been meaning to ask.

Calley said...

Oh- don't worry about Isaac's name! My Dad spells it like that too. lol My flowers did survive! Thank you Lord!

Amber said...

hahaha

I'm laughing at you because you're a SINNER!

Calley said...

HEHAW!

theglenns556 said...

Those pics of the boys at the end are PRECIOUS!