Thursday, June 25, 2009

Amarillo by morning....or evening!

I don't know if it is blogger or my mouse- but I can no longer move my pics! What's the deal?!

Oh well...Here goes...














































We left Vidalia bright and early this morning at about 4:45am. We drove all morning and the kids were all in all pretty excellent. They watched a couple of movies, colored, and just checked out the scenery as we drove.
Somewhere close to Dallas, we stopped at an outlet mall and did a little shopping. We ate a sandwich and got back on the road. After that we pretty much just, uh, drove. :) We got to Amarillo about 6:30pm and picked up some floaties at the store. (oops-forgot the swim bag)


We got back to our hotel and did a little swimming. We are now doing a little relaxing, before hitting the hay.


I am really pumped about tomorrow. I cannot wait to see the scenery change into the rugged, red, canyonish terrain as we head to Grand Canyon National Park! We should be there tomorrow evening and we will be staying there for a couple of days.

I am not big on the Texas Panhandle. But it is neat to see how slowly somewhere about 2-3 hrs past Dallas, trees become more and more scarce, and they begin to look way more like bushes. BUT after a few hours of that- I've had my fill. Once you get Texas behind you- it is pure beauty (no offense to any Texas lovers) wherever your going Westward. I feel certain headin to Grand Canyon will be no different.

I have to pack up and lay out some stuff before hitting the hay! The boys are all snoozin'.

4 comments:

Penny said...

It's probably blogger. It's been actin' a fool lately!!!
In the first picture, Amaus looks like he's been wearing those goggles like you wear in a tanning bed! Funny boy.
Crossing Texas was BY FAR the worst part of the trip! It seemed like it took forever to get past all the tumbling tumble weeds! Nothing beat the sky over Arizona, though. =)
THE CANYON IS TOTALLY WORTH GOING THROUGH TEXAS!!!
Have a great time--- we'll miss you!

Amber said...

I look forward to seeing the Grand Canyon myself someday. Y'all are on an adventure! Be safe and have fun!

Cristi said...

Sounds great. Have a fantastic time. One day I will be making that trip too. See ya soon.

Avery's Mommy said...

I can't move pics either...so frustrating!