Saturday, June 27, 2009

Wonderful day of travel!

Once again- I cannot move my pics-




































































































































We had another long day of driving, but it was absolutely incredible to see all of the canyons, mountains, and plains. It is so strange how scenery can change so much in a few miles, and then can change again in a few more!

I just love road trips. Besides all of the neat things you see along the way, there is something really amazing about driving and seeing the country as a whole. It gives one the opportunity to really reflect on their life and their day to day living. It is sort of like when you are hanging up a painting or picture on a wall (stay with me). When you are right up against it- it is hard to tell if it is straight, or if it even goes with your scheme in the room. But if you step back away from it- you get the big picture. Road trips help me to step back from being right up on my 'day to day' if you will, and see how blessed I really am! By the end of a day of driving- I can have my goals and dreams for the next five years all laid out.lol I can be refreshed in the thought of how wonderful a place it is to live in the presence of the Almighty day by day- and how incredibly grateful I am for the abundant life I have the joy and privilege of living.
This scripture has been on my heart :
Psalm 16:6- The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance!
We played car games, and made lot's of stops to take pics. I have tons! I am really enjoying this camera! SO- rather than blab blab blab- I'll just post our day in pics. :)

8 comments:

Penny said...

The first thing I told Larry after I got my camera was, "We've GOT to go back to the Canyon!" I can't believe it's been 8 years this month since it took my breath away at first sight. Amazing!!! It is just such a spiritual place. Enjoy!
PS Try not to feel too bad for those of us stuck in Vidalia!!! LOL
Seriously, I am SO enjoying the view here this weekend--- two little eyes peeking up as I rock him and the most awesome gummy grins and chuckles EVER!!! =)

Cristi said...

Great pictures! I am so jealous. And obviously Amaus took the family photo??????????

Calley said...

haha- that is what my Mom said too! No- he was snoozing in the stroller and another hiker took the pic! I was thinking of adding that as a caption though! lol

Amber said...

That's awesome! I want to visit someday. Great photos (especially the shot of the train with the mountains in the background- frame it!).

Avery's Mommy said...

Beautiful! And love the cars in the desert. Was there a really crazy guy there like on the Duggars?

Calley said...

No- I didn't see any crazy man- lol But it is a frequently stopped by tourist attraction so I am sure a few crazies stop by on occasion!

Mallory said...

i have to ask...what is going on with isaac in that picture??? lol

Calley said...

haha! He makes some kind of psycho face every time he knows I am going to take a photo of him! (and he growls-lol)