What a wonderful Christmas! There are many things I have wanted to blog about lately, but because of the pressure to keep up with our day to day happenings- I just avoid it all! Ha! Well, I am going to do a little Christmas album that will explain all of our recent events, thus, removing all pressure and allowing me to freely blog what's going on in this mama's brain. :)
Lee and I
Our first Christmas get together was with my step dad Brian, my Mom, and little brother Lee.
This is my mom. Ain't she purty?
My older brother Chris, his wife Sherry, and their kids, along with several other family members, joined us for food, fun, and gift giving.
is possibly one of the most hilarious people I have ever known in my life. I am going to devote a blog strictly to him soon. Yes, and I'll be sure to include the story about how I talked him into dressing up for Spirit week at Sicily Island High School and he and I got all decked out for 70's day. Yes. I did persuade him to wear those wonderful polyester plaid bell bottoms that hit his 6'7 1/2 self right at mid calf. All of this, to only find out that we were a week early for Spirit week. That was a rather awkward day. oops. I already told the story. Oh well. There are many more.
Look- a house full of boys will drive a person to that! I'm just saying.
Our 2009 christmas pic on Christmas Eve. We have been doing this every year since Josiah was a baby. I did not get one with us all smiling. I had hoped to have a nice header on my blog, with the entire family. Don't have a pic with all of the family grinning. Yet. That's on my to-do list for 2010.
Josiah and Isaac with their Aunt Beth. They love to frequent her house on any afternoon I will let them. Some of their favorite things to do are go for rides in her cool convertable Mustang, raid her always full candy jar, and hang out with her and Uncle Beaux. They love them some Aunt Beth and Uncle Beaux. Josiah and Isaac refer to Beaux as Candy Beaux, because every time he drives by our house they flag him down and ask for some candy. He always has some ready to give them.
The other day Josiah went to wal-mart with Beth, and Isaac woke up from his nap wondering where his older brother had slipped off to without him. I told him, and then he asked, "Is Beaux at home by his self?" (He looked at me with his head cocked and eyebrows squenched up, like he might need to go help poor, lonely Uncle Beaux out.)
I said, "No, baby. He is at work." He was rather dissappointed.
The entire Reed Clan
Josiah having a whiny moment. Too many Christmas goodies, maybe? Naaah.
Amaus enjoying his first riding toy! He was so excited!
CHRISTMAS MORNING
If you've hung in here this long- you deserve an award. :)
Stockings all stuffed with treasures from Mommy and Daddy
The stilts Danny made for the boys
The toy chest Danny made for Amaus. He has been a very hard working man. My dad and grandma helped him too.
Cooking Christmas breakfast in my fabulous new apron. It was a gift from Beth and Beaux. I LOVE it.
Isaac picked up the red-headed boy and said, "That's me!!" And then he asked, "Where's Grandeddy?!" In his little mind, every good barn needed a Grandeddy of course!
Josiah and Isaac in their chef suits
Amaus exploring the goodies in his stocking. He loved, "Bob". He is obsessed with Veggie Tales.
My present from Danny- this beautiful table he made. There is a history to the wood, which I will gave at a later date.
First meal on our new table- Christmas morning-2009
It was a very Merry Christmas! Thank you Jesus for all that you have done for us in the last year! New Year's post to come soon!
6 comments:
I love the barn and animals. The peacock is my fave! (I read a story where a little boy told his dad that he went to the zoo and "saw a Christmas tree coming out of a chicken!" lol)
That's precious that Isaac asked about a Granddaddy for his barn! I really think that boy looks like Chris now after seeing the picture of Chris in front of the tree.
Danny did a great job on the toy box and table! =)
Glad you had a great Christmas--- I need to put a few pictures on mine as well. :)
Looks like it was a super Christmas! I'm so glad that you got to enjoy it with all of those cool family members of yours. :-) And the gifts are so unique! Great job Calley O.
Nice post. Love the pictures. Really cool toy box-wonderful keepsake. Way to go Danny on all the wood projects! Good job!
that table is awesome, cannot believe he made that! love the pic of josiah having a moment...i have way too many of those, they just don't always get captured on camera! =) ya'll are both lucky to come from such big families! daniel's christmas-es are far different from my family's. at my parents' we always have a gang of sisters and grandkids galore. and daniel's an only child so it's COMPLETELY different over at his parents'. but one day we hope to add to the bunch =)
thanks for the sweet comments on the house and the kitchen paint color...it is eddie bauer brand (from lowe's) and i think the paint itself is valspar. the color is 'dune grass'. i was scared of the bright color beforehand, but i love it now!
I can't believe how big Lee is! I still think of him as a little baby. You'd probably be shocked if you saw Hannah these days, too.
I know!! It makes me feel old! Yeah- I bet I would feel even older if I saw Hannah! How is she doing?
Post a Comment