We have had a very joyful month! This month, through a series of events, Josiah decided he wanted to be born again! One of the last books we read together this year in school was called, "George Muller, Gaurdian of Bristol's Orphans". It was the most incredible story! While we were reading the book, Josiah began to ask a good many questions about salvation and following the Lord. Finally, one day after we had finished reading a portion of the book, Josiah said, "I don't think I am saved." I explained to
Josiah what salvation was but he seemed really embarrassed and did not want to pray with me right then. He said that he wanted to wait until he was by himself and pray about it outside. Later that day he came inside and said, "Mama, I talked to God about what we talked about earlier." I finally dragged more details out of him. He had asked Jesus to be Lord of his life. He was very excited and wanted to call his Daddy. He was baptized 2 weeks later.
We were recently able to get another milk cow! She is a beautiful Jersey cow and we named her Miss Magnolia. She is by far the tamest cow we have ever had. She follows me into the barn like a puppy! After I milk her, I scratch her under her chin and she raises her head in sheer delight. She has been a blessing to us. She has provided all of our milk since then, and some butter.
The boys recently had a sleepover with one of their friends from church named Austin. Amaus thought he was one of the big boys!
At the end of last week we were able to have our first swim of the summer. We have been swimming nearly every day since then. Amaus is a little water baby and doesn't want any help. He wears a floating suit and floaties and just kicks himself from one side of the pool to the other. Josiah and Isaac love doing tricks on the diving board!

We are about to wrap up t-ball for the year. We only have 2 more games. The boys have done well and it has been a hilarious sight watching them play. Josiah understands the game a little more this year, and has gotten a good bit better at hitting the ball. Isaac on the other hand, is in another world. He plays in the dirt and sword fights with the air. I love to watch them play. A merry heart doeth good like a medicine, and you cannot help but laugh your head off at some of the
happenings in t-ball.
This weekend we had a family day. We went to Alexandria and watched a movie and had lunch at IHOP. We all came home and went swimming. It was such a fun day!
Josiah and Isaac have been raising some chickens and turkeys. We have had them in a brooder for a while, and we just moved them to a bigger pen. We cannot wait to have fresh eggs again!
9 comments:
That family picture is awesome! And I am LOVING the ball pictures! You're really getting good at photography! We should go into business. :)
Thanks Penny! Victoria took the family pic-LOL. I don't feel like I'm ready to be in business...haha. If you want someone to follow you around and take extras, let me know. Being a back-up doesn't scare me as much as the pressure of feeling that you better take some good pics, or else!
I have no editing program for my pics except for a very basic windows program that can change coloring a little. Any suggestions for a cheap program that will allow me to really fix my pics up?
You can get picasa online for free and a lot of people use picknick (sp?). I have used picasa and like it, but have never used the other. I have an older version of photoshop. I think mine is 6.0 and Cristi has the 8.0. They're not cheap, but not really high either. Might be a good birthday/Mother's day combo gift. (My b-day is May 18th, so I always get combination gifts.)
CALLEY, I love your family picture! You look like your Mom, and I have always thought your Mom was beautiful.
That is so sweet Mrs. Donna! Thank you! :) If I only could have gotten Amaus to smile in the picture! It seems impossible to get EVERYONE to smile! lol
I don't think your oldest boy could look anymore like you. I don't know that your husband did any work with that one; he's all you!
Alexandria, that brings back some memories for me! I drove through that town many a times when Jake was getting ready to deploy out of Ft. Polk. I managed to steal him away once or twice for a night there when he had leave.
Mandy- Wow! It's a small world!! I wish I would have known you were that close and we could have met up!! Alexandria is about an hr and a half from here.
That's funny about Josiah! There are some people who say he looks just like my husband, and some like me! When I look at pics of me as a kid, they look alot like Josiah to me, too!
I have Photoshop Elements 7, not 8. I love it but there is so much more I could do with it if I only could learn how. I need a class on it. Your pictures are great! Glad to see your update.
You're pretty! And so is your cow. :)
Post a Comment