Thursday, July 1, 2010

Kiddie Update

We have really been enjoying summer. It has been nice to relax and enjoy the sunshine. We go swimming at least every other day. Amaus has grown a true love for floaties. Weird, I know. He insists on going around the house wearing one floaty for at least a part of each day.  
He also loves wearing his big brother's Super Space pack! He feels so big when he has this thing on!
He really likes raiding my jewelry box! So many treasures!!
Caught with his hand in the cookie jar!!
Isaac has learned to swim! That is a real relief for me! Now if Amaus could be an early swimmer, I could really feel relaxed!! I told him I would make him cupcakes if he would try a few times. Candy and sweets always work for him. Yes, it was a bribe. What can I say? He got it on pretty much the first try, and he has been improving since.
Josiah is such a helpful big brother! He really does pitch in and help me so much! He is also always eager to deliver something next door, check the mail, and run for the wipes I forgot in another room. I am beyond thankful for his little helping hands.
Here is Josiah reading to Isaac and Micah. Our homeschool curriculum was having a photo contest of people reading books. The first prize winner gets $500 off of their next purchase. (My next year's purchase will be coming very soon- so that would be a real blessing!) We will see how the contest comes out!

The boys finished up T-ball about a month ago! Here they are getting their beloved trophies!
Josiah had the privelige of going to a kid's summer art camp at Co-Lin Community College. He loved it! He was actually very dissappointed to find out it only lasted a week.
While Josiah was at art camp- Isaac went to VBS! He had a ball! His teacher said he participated so willingly in everything. I was proud of him, because this was the first time he was away from activities at our church, and away from me. He woke up and eagerly got dressed and marched himself out the door. He loved the songs! When I went to watch his ending program, he was so excited to spot me in the crowd!



"Trying to remember all of these words really stresses me out!"
lol- This was supposed to be a motion to the song, but it came out looking like the worried look.
Yippy-tai-yai-yay!


2 comments:

Penny said...

The picture of Isaac waving at you is too sweet! Don't you love it when they get excited to see you? :)
Love, love, love the picture of them reading to the chickens! Hilarious! Hope you win! :)

Cristi said...

I bet there wont be many pictures of kids reading to their buddies who are holding large birds of some sort. lol I think you should win. Let us know if you do! Oh, and I miss Amaus' hair! :) Sooooo glad yall will be back for Sunday!!! Missed you.