I have been really focused, myself, on just enjoying each day I have with my sons and husband. I have been striving to connect with each of them, each day, in a way that is personal to them. I have heard it asked, and wondered myself, how people manage to really give each child enough attention in a large family. I think the answer is clear, but not an easy task at times. I believe if a mom takes the time to truly relate to each her children each day- then that necessary connection stays alive within them. Like, taking the time to create something with Josiah. That is what he loves and enjoys. Taking the time to chase Isaac all over the house, and tickle him. Taking the time to lay down with them in bed at night and make up another story that includes characters they can relate to. (Posiah, Bysaac, and Ja-maus show up in a lot of my stories) Taking the time to dance with Amaus all over the kitchen...all of those little things keep a family connected. A mom can stay at home with her kids, and be consumed with chores and the to-do list, which I have done so many times, and miss out on the most important aspect of it all. A family can even go on vacation together, and different members be driven by their own personal agendas, and never even really connect! I am understanding more and more (and have ions to go!) that connecting in day in day out tasks is something a parent must be deliberate about. It won't just happen most of the time...at least not when there are 5 loads of laundry to be done- along with numerous other chores.
Enjoying our "spring" day in winter, last week!
Josiah is really LOVING basketball! He has had 2 games so far!
I am enjoying my family, and we are praising God as we wait on the next step in our adoption!
5 comments:
Ireland and Jasper are playing basketball too. :)
Oh Calley you are SO right on. This has really been hitting me lately. I am around my kids 24 hours a day, but am I really with them? Are they seeing me check the computer various times of the day, but telling them no when they want to play? It's requiring a constant checking of myself and my priorities. I don't want to look back on their childhoods and say "I wish I'd gotten off the darn computer!" (And oh- they're getting dressed right now so it's okay lol)
So I notice my readers (this means you) never comment on my blog posts. Why is this?
hmmm?
No hmmmmmies lady!
Post a Comment