Thursday, February 17, 2011

Josiah is 7!

***GREAT NEWS! ON WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 16th, WE RECEIVED USCIS APPROVAL!! We are now getting our health checks we need in the next week to send with our dossier to Peru! Hopefully, we will be ready to ship this thing to Peru in a couple of weeks!***

Happy Birthday to Josiah! Wow! I cannot believe he is seven years old! My little inventor amazes me each day. He is full of ideas and projects! He has enough of those bubbling out of him to keep 4 mamas busy full time!

Josiah is curious about how everything works. He wants all of the details. He is a thinker. He spins things over and over in his little mind, and then comes up with new questions about how things work.

We are having a good time in school learning about all sorts of things! He has been really interested in the Renaissance, Michelangelo, and Peter the Great (czar of Russia way back when) lately. He rarely doesn't enjoy learning about historical figures, and heroes from the past. He also pretty much reads whatever he wants to these days. He began reading chapter books at the beginning of this year, and has really liked several of his books. His favorite was called "Viking Adventure," and he never would tell me what happened at the end. He said it was too sad and I had to read it myself. (lol)
These days, he is taking piano lessons and playing basketball. He USUALLY enjoys them both. Practicing anything isn't on the top of his to-do list, though. ;)




I am so proud of my big boy! Happy Birthday Josiah!! I love you, son!

3 comments:

Grubbs said...

I can't believe he's seven!!! It just doesn't seem right!!!

Amber said...

In that last photo Josiah looks EXACTLY like you! That cake is pure awesome, by the way. Love it!

Calley said...

I'm am finding him to be a mini me, in a lot of ways lately! Lol. My mom says (and everyone else) I kept them hopping w projects all the time as well. Thanks on the cake, too! :)