Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Waiting with Perseverance

If we hope for what we do not see, then we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

Romans 8:25

Our dossier has been at the SNA for two weeks (tomorrow). We are praying daily for it to be approved quickly with no problems. As of May 24th, our health physicals will be three months old. We are praying for approval before then. Yes, that would be a miracle.

The other day I happened upon the above scripture. What a timely word! What is waiting with perseverance? I think it's keeping on each day with my daily tasks with hope and expectancy. I think it's knowing what we are praying for is coming to pass, while casting down all of the "what-ifs" often derived from comparing our circumstance to those around us.

We are preparing our little girl's room bit by bit each week. I will include pictures soon. This is something that keeps us looking forward. We are also busy with finishing up school, and baseball.

Going to the beach is a nice surprise for us. It is something tangible, an exact date to fix our minds on. I am looking forward to playing with my boys and just focusing on them- having a good time with them. A little get away from the day to day can be refreshing.

We know great things are ahead. We know the Lord is preparing our child and preparing our hearts. Lord, help us to wait with perseverance!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Calley,
You are such an inspiration. I know your heart must be just bursting with anxiousness at wanting that little girl with you now, I can imagine the worries that come along with this process. But you continue to stand strong in your faith, knowing that God is going to take care of this and work it out.
I just want to encourage you, because I know that even when we know God is in control, a little encouragement still goes a long way. Remember when you grow weary that it was God who placed this desire in your heart and in Psalm 37:4 it tells us to "Delight yourself also in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart". I know you well enough to know that you delight in the Lord and that this desire is from God and He is going to bring it to pass in the right time. Keep your heart and mind upon Him and know Calley, that your faithfulness is beautiful.

Rhonda LaBatt said...

Calley,
In our case, as long as the SNA received our dossier before the expiration of the medicals, everything was fine, and nothing would have to be updated. I hope the same is true for you! Also, after we were approved, everything moved very quickly for us.
Blessings!
Rhonda

Calley said...

Thank you for the encouragement...
It does go a long way- and I'm so thankful!

Rhonda- I pray that is case with us as well! I have been told we might have to re-do the health physicals. I pray that is not the case!

Erin said...

Hello! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I can't wait to follow your journey as you guys bring your sweet little girl home! Hope things move along quickly for you guys!