Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rejoicing in His Plans

There have been so many opportunities over the last week to rejoice in God's plans. There are no barriers keeping us from adopting now. We merely are now waiting on God to place our child on that list. As rare as that may be for the age range we are put in (age 0-2). God is still God- and we can rejoice in knowing that His plans will prevail, regardless of the rarity or commoness of the possibility, in man's eyes.

I had an "aha" moment as I was vacuuming the other day. Yes, some of my best thinking is done while washing dishes, mowing grass, scrubbing toilets and chopping veggies. Well, as I vacuumed a very simplistic thought hit me: It is plumb goofy- and a proof of a lack of faith- to be discouraged or saddened by our given approval! Why? Because nothing at all has changed in regards to the child God has set aside for us to begin with. What? Does this approval make things more difficult for the Lord? What a laugh! He will fulfill His purpose through any willing vessel- His plans will prevail- regardless of man's statistics on how things naturally and typically work out.

So what, if God has decided to make this into a Gideon experience for us. Gideon had a huge army to help him defeat the Midianites who had ravaged and abused the Israelites and stolen from them year after year. The Midianites had a vast army themselves as well. Then God told Gideon to send home any soldiers who were afraid. 22,000 men went home. Then God divided the men another way, and told Gideon to send more men home. There were only 300 men left. God said there had been too many before- He would receive the greater glory for working out this miracle. Nothing had changed in regards to God bringing the victory He had intended from the beginning. Only now, there would be no question about who was writing the story!

The more I dwell on the Word of God- the more encouraged I am! I cannot wait to see what the Lord is going to do! As for now- we will pray continually. We will watch eagerly, yet peacefully, to see what the Lord is going to do! We will choose to rejoice as we wait!

4 comments:

Becky Ryder said...

Good word! It helps me too:) Hang tight to the dream and vision God has placed in your hearts!!

Cristi said...

I am glad you are encouraged. Remember God does not need a bigger margin to work with. He knows where she is, who she is, and how old she is. I always kinda saw you with a "baby" anyway. Still praying and waiting with you.

They that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength!

THE HAND OF GOD IS MIGHTY!

Amber said...

Yeeeeeehaw!

Penny said...

This way, her language skills won't be that far along and by the time I get her in Sunday School, she will know MY language. LOL So thankful that God is giving you peace about the approval. Maybe I need to vacuum more often. lol But don't tell Larry I said that. ;)