Saturday, January 14, 2012

If I Could Tell You

If I could tell you anything today, it would be how much I love you, even though we've yet to meet. If I could tell you anything today, it would be how I cannot wait to hold you, rock you, and sing to you... How I cannot wait to be there to kiss your ouchies, and hold your hand. If I could tell you anything today, it would be how excited I am to run with you, chase you, and play with you. If I could tell you anything today, it would be how I long for the time when I can let you help stir up a cake, color pictures with you, and paint your fingernails. How I cannot wait to show you new exciting places, tell you stories, and teach you the joys of living. If I could tell you anything today, it would be how much harder and harder it becomes to bind up the love I so desire to be able to pour out on you right now. If I could tell you anything today, it would be that no one has forgotten you, and that a daddy, mama, and three big brothers, living thousands of miles away are coming very soon, as very soon as we are able. How, I cannot wait to hold out my arms to you and embrace all of you. Your laughter, tears, broken story, and your future. Yes. I will tell you the great measures the Lord went to, to wake up your mommy and daddy to be far, far away. The strength and stamina He miraculously provided, and the long journey, that at times seemed so never ending, and the path so steep and winding, that there seemed there might never be a resting point. I will tell you how so many precious people saw the vision of your illusive face, right along with us, and decided to join the fight to bring you home. I will tell you of all of the promises the Lord gave us to stand on so we would not grow weary...so we would keep the faith that one day, you truly would be sitting in our laps, on our shoulders, and in our family. And when you are, oh how full and thankful my heart will be. I will rejoice at seeing our faith become sight. And I will rejoice in the miracles I saw on our journey to you- miracles we would have never been a part of had we not chosen the difficult path of adoption. You, we would have never seen, had we not chosen the difficult path of adoption. Yes, you are a miracle... If I could tell you anything today...

3 comments:

Paige said...

beautiful...your heart and your love for hers

Denae Hula said...

Wow. I'm smiling, crying, laughing and rejoicing all at the same time! Just wow!

Penny said...

Now I'm crying! I can't wait for her to be old enough to read this~ beyond precious! :)