Monday, February 27, 2012

And finally...

Nothing arrived in the mail last week, and nothing arrived Saturday. Danny and I had fought the urge to call CIS last week, since now all of the officers pretty much know us on a first name basis. ;) It's sort of like walking into a diner that you go to for lunch every day and they know your order already. CIS OFFICER: USCIS, Officer Jane Doe speaking. ME: Yes, mam...My name is.. CIS OFFICER: (already recognizing my voice and southern accent) Mrs.Reed, I'll check the status of your I800. ME: Wonderful! You need the receipt number? CIS OFFICER: Um, no. I have it memorized, actually. Okay, not quite that bad...but close. So when Saturday rolled around and nothing had arrived, I was really wishing we would have called Friday after all. The weekend didnt bring any sign of the awaited news. Danny decided to call today, and left a message. I called later (Yes. We're getting quacky here- 18 weeks Is a long time, and I wanted to talk to someone...not leave a message.) The man I talked to said they had not even received our fingerprints. WHAA?! He couldn't understand that though, because they normally would have received them by this time. They are electronically scanned and sent. I hung up the phone disappointed, and began grabbing at new straws to occupy my brain. Thankfully, Susannah (my niece, who was my friend before she was my niece- but now is my friend and niece. Lol) came by for a visit. What a Godsend! A merry heart doeth good like a medicine! We got to laughing in fits as I recalled my first psychologist appointment for the adoption and how nutso it went. (before we changed psychologists)I don't know if I ever blogged about the psychologist snarling at me- and refusing to shake my hand, but it is only funny looking back. Quite scary in the moment. Not sure if I ever will blog about it.) Susannah really helped distract me and cheer me up! A little later, as I'm still visiting with Susannah, the phone rings and its Danny, calling to let me know that our officer had just called him. She told him that she issued our approval today!! She had either put it in the mail today, or it was going out tomorrow!!! I think Danny caught her off guard, because he went on and on with the, "Really?! WOW! ALRIGHT!" for a bit. I'm sure they think we're the Clampits or something, but it's all good. The officer actually started laughing. Everyone needs a good laugh from overly zealous, Southerners every now and again! We are Excited. So excited. Now we wait on this to arrive in the mail. Our agency has to set up an appointment with the adoption authority in Peru. I'm pretty sure they won't set up that appointment until we have the Article 5 (approval paper) in hand. Those appointments take place on Mondays. We are hopeful that this document will arrive in a matter of a few days and we can jet out of here!!! YIPPEEEE!

4 comments:

Becky Ryder said...

This is awesome! The psychs are so strange, ours was too:) my goodness, you're leaving soon!

Paige said...

this is the most amazing news! so happy for you! can't wait for the rest of the story! :)

Penny said...

So thankful for good news! :)

Debbie said...

Tears rolling down, repeated thanks going up...rejoicing with you sister!!!