-Our family will be on our way to Peru in 4 days!!!! Oh my goodness!
-Much rejoicing...much amazement at what God has done and is still doing each day. We are absolutely blown away.
-Remembering that I forgot to pack something...then going to the store again! Then I squeeze things into suitcases and weigh them...we're cutting it very close.
Some very cool things have come to pass in the last few days. Things that I am praying with everything in me, will work out. Some other Peruvian adoptive friends who have family in Lima have reached out to help us out while we are there. This amazing family in Lima who has a large, three story home, is offering to house us while we are in Lima. We would have a place to hang out before we head to Iquitos. We would also be able to stay there when we return from Iquitos. This amazing family would take care of meals and laundry for a fraction of the expense we were going to be paying to stay in Lima. Also, this would be a great comfort to Danny, that I will not be staying alone in Lima when he has to return to the States with our other three sons, but I will be able to stay with a christian Peruvian family. This family is passionate about reaching out for the cause of the fatherless. I cannot tell you how this excites me!!
Another awesome connection that has been made through our dear friend here in Vidalia, Joyce, is with some missionaries in Iquitos. We are beyond pumped about meeting this couple, who spend most of their time reaching out to the addicts, prostitutes, and street children of Iquitos. The Lord is doing awesome things through this ministry! They are believing and praying to build a home to get these women off of the street who are stuck in a life of prostitution. Danny and I are praying and believing with them!
But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy.
Psalm 5:11
I will praise you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. Psalm 9:1
The God of the universe who is setting up all of these details, our Lord and Savior who is connecting us with people thousands of miles away, is also handling the other details we have been praying on for some time now.
For our daughter to bond, trust, and connect with us. For her fears to be wiped away. For her to know that we love her. That God would soften her heart towards us, and prepare us all for what is ahead.
My heart is just so full...we ae finally going to get our little girl.



4 comments:
this post makes me smile...i love watching God work...and He is not done yet...this is only the beginning!
Just so happy for you guys! Praying with you. Love you and cant wait to see a new blog header with a dark headed little girl in it. :)
Absolutely awesome. I will be on my knees for your family!
How exciting and wonderful - God is so good! Love & prayers for all during this awesome journey!
Sue Wilson
Post a Comment