Thursday, April 19, 2012

Birth Certificate

Our missionary friend Trent and also Rudolpho, in Iquitos, have been working very hard for the last two days running to and fro to different offices trying to get our needed documents moving. Unfortunately, they have not had much success, and it seems no one cares about the situation, and they are told to chase many rabbits without getting clear answers.

Yesterday they were told that the office that issues the birth certificate, called the Reniac, had that program the whole time to do away with Camila's old birth certificate, and that the only reason they could not issue it was because they were now waiting on some necessary signatures for the power of attorney! What?! That's WHY we had to do this power of attorney thing (sign over power of attorney for our friend Trent to be able to sign Camila's new birth certificate). Because we were told that the birth certificate couldn't be done for a while, because of the office lacking this program, so we needed to give someone else power of attorney since Danny needed to get home to Louisiana. So I suppose, we could have actually had this a week ago. For some reason we were given the run- around.

If you can't tell, I'm getting a bit frustrated. I miss my husband and three sons and I want to go home. We cannot even begin the process of getting the visa or passport until this birth certificate is in our hands.

We have a handful of people advocating for us. Trent, Rudolpho, and also Anita has friends who are connected with the Reniac there somehow. Yesterday, Trent and Shawn were there, someone from the orphanage went twice to try to help, and Anita's friend has been twice! Wow. Surely someone at the Reniac will do something! (There may have even been a call from a judge in Iquitos on our behalf this morning!)

So this morning when Anita's friend went by the Reniac, she was told our papers had been sitting there ready but no one had been by to get them! (Not true- Trent and Rudolpho went and have waited several times and pleaded for help!) So I told Trent who went immediately. When he got there, he was told not to come back until 4PM. Sigh.

Please, please pray that this birth certificate will be released this afternoon. If it is, it can be sent by air- and we can go get it tonight at the airport. That will enable us to go get Camila's passport tomorrow morning. We could also go to the Embassy doctor tomorrow afternoon. That means all else we have to do is bring all of our documents to the Embassy and take care of getting the visa at the beginning of next week.

We weren't able to go to the Indian market yesterday, but I hope to make it there before I leave. I did get to visit with Anita, Angus, AP, and Ani yesterday evening. We had a lot of fun visiting and it was good to get out.



Today I was able to go with SeƱor Ardiles to pick up a stroller Anita's friend is letting us borrow. That will be a help! After that, we went to a mall and I got to look around a bit strolling Camila.


She got very cranky at the end of our time there. I think she is staying tired because she has not slept well the last few days. She wakes at 3Am, and then continually wakes up until its about 6:30, and there's no point in trying to sleep anymore after that. She also naps in about 15 minute spurts, hopping up every 15 minutes or so to be sure I'm still in the room beside her. It's getting to be very tiresome.









A park we walked through...


Right now I'm trying to focus on God's word, but I'm struggling. I'm ready to be at my home now. A week feels like an eternity to me. I am with the most amazing people here and that is beyond helpful. I guess I'm just battling my emotions right now. I'm frustrated, sleepy, homesick, and family sick.

LAST UPDATE IN THE LAST FEW MINUTES:
The Reniac will issue 1 birth certificate (and is doing so as I type.) However, they will not give the additional 5 that are required for us to leave the country- for 5 more business days (they say) We have to leave 4 at various embassy, passport, and SNA offices.

We are trying to get in touch with someone now who can over rule this ludicrous supposed requirement. (They do it in three days for international adoption all over Peru!) Please pray with me. If we have to wait 5 more days, I will not be leaving Peru for two weeks from this upcoming weekend!!

"Lord, please move on our behalf today and send these birth certificates! I thank you that you know all that is going in- thank you that you are working all of this out for our good and Your glory. Thank you Jesus."



- Posted using BlogPres from my iPhone

2 comments:

Melissa (Mom) said...

This may be a stupid question, could you go to a notary's office and just make copies of the birth certificate? And I would go the embassy or call them and explain the situation you are in. GOD WILL HAVE THE VICTORY OVER THIS!Praying, Love Mom

Penny said...

I'm so sorry. I know you are frustrated and missing your family/home/country. It was wonderful to see Danny and your guys last night, but we miss YOU! Praying it won't take as long as they're saying. We've seen God change minds/hearts and move mountains through this process, so I'm expecting more of the same. Love you!