the joy comes in the evening! :)
(A little backwards but that's how it happened today!)
Yes! Good news!
After I received the phone call earlier letting us know that it would be five more business days of nothing but waiting (2 additional weeks in Peru), I sat down on the Ardiles' staircase and cried my eyes out.
I called Danny, and he continued to say, "No. I don't believe you'll be there two more weeks. I just believe God is going to do something! Hang on."
My mind was trying to wrap itself around that thought, but it was tough considering we still had no day in mind at all that I would be able to come home. I hung up the phone and cried a bit more.
A certain little dark skinned darling noticed and came and climbed into my lap. She kept giving me hugs and laying her head on my shoulder. So sweet. So worth it all.

And suddenly...the phone rang. It was Marisa. She had called the Reniac here in Lima and the birth certificate was already in their system. They said that if we came there in the morning, we could get as many copies as we want!! No wait at all!
Wow. I have no doubt that as faithful prayers were going up, the Lord was bending circumstances. Thank you! Thank you for praying with us!
So now we are supposed to get the birth certificates in the morning, get the passport before lunch, and go to the embassy doctor after lunch. We are knocking out all we can tomorrow! We will submit the papers to the embassy Monday morning and the visa should be issued by Wednesday at the latest. We'll have a better idea tomorrow, but Marisa thinks we should be able to fly out Wednesday night! Can I get an AMEN?!
This evening, I went to another mall with Señora Ardiles. It was a lot of fun! This mall was huge and it had covered outdoor sections with fluorescent light up floors and fountains. It was really cool. Camila really enjoyed it!
Señora Ardiles had a sandwich and coffee and Camila had some lucuma helados. (Lucuma is a fruit here, but to me the ice cream tastes more like walnut or some other nut. Anyway, it is very delish!) Good times.
The first cab we took broke down on the way out of the mall,(lol) so we went back and got another one. It's kind of a funny sight when we get in a car with this umbrella stroller, because it won't close for some reason, so I have to put it in the seat beside me. I'm wondering what the taxi drivers think when I roll an open stroller into their car! :/ Hmmm...
Se-la-vi? Wee?



I'm so grateful for the miracle that took place today. So, so grateful. Thank you, Jesus!

5 comments:
AMEN!!! I'm so happy for you and your precious family..
Hooray! Praise the Lord!! We are all rejoicing with you here in the Hogan House!!!
I believe that God loves nothing better than giving hope when all else is hopeless...when there is nothing we humanly can do...when the have to rely wholeheartedly on Him. Wonderful news from a wonderful God.
Seriously, sometimes I think a good cry brings miracles! I've seen it happen with us. I can say I understand the emotions you are having being separated from home and family. It is really hard but I'm praying for strength and peace for you!
Amen!!!
I love you Calley and I love you Camila!
Post a Comment