
This morning we went to the Reniac and they would not print the birth certificates. They were waiting for some seal or image to come up on the screen before it can be printed. They said it may take three days. That is not a certainty but a possibility. We will continue to check throughout the day, and if necessary, afterwards, with the hope that it'll be ready soon.
Despite this, I have decided something. You know how you get to the end of yourself from time to time and then you finally tell your flesh to, "Shut up", and you choose to trust again? Well, if you're human, you know! Sometimes you don't even mean to begin to doubt, but circumstances are opposing your desires and so you start to. Whatever the cause or reason, big or small, we always come out with greater joy and greater victory when we simply trust.
That's it. I have decided to trust. Many, many people are praying. We are surrendered to God's will for our lives. Can Satan do something in the life of a surrendered believer that God has not allowed? Absolutely not.
Therefore, I have decided to rest in knowing that my God is moving and bringing about His plan at the perfect time and no opposing power can stop that.
Trusting brings so much more joy than unbelief. I choose joy. I choose joy even if it means I must stay in Peru for 3 more weeks. After all, I am still just the clay, here. Sometimes I need to broken down a little (or completely), so Jesus can make something more useful. I'm thankful that my King delights in using this vessel. Since He created it- He surely knows what's best for it.
I have been reading Psalm 23 to Camila most nights. She seems to really look forward to the time when I'll lay beside her with only the bedside lamp on, and read the scriptures to her. She sucks on those two little fingers and grins at the same time. It's precious.
I went to bed last night rejoicing that I would be leaving Peru, very possibly by Wednesday. I read the psalm to Camila and after she was asleep, I came downstairs and blogged about my joy.
This morning things didn't go as planned at the Reniac. I came back to the Ardiles' home, and SeƱora Ardiles began to encourage me to rest in the Lord and His timing. Then she took a slip of paper and wrote 'Salm 23' (Psalm 23) on it. She wanted me to remember it, or read it. She didn't know that that was the chapter I've been reading every day to Camila...but God wanted to give it to me.
I love how the Lord works. It's as if God is telling me to trust His leading (the essence of Psalm 23), when the news is good, as it was just last night, and when it's not so good.
Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd;
I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the LORD
forever.
I know that my Shepherd is leading me in RIGHT paths for HIS namesake. But right after that, it says:
"though I walk through the darkest valley, (or the valley of the shadow of death) I will fear no evil. For you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me."
Sometimes the Shepherd leads us into darker valleys. It might simply be a place or circumstance, or DELAY, we don't prefer. It's still the Shepherd leading though. Don't be fooled into believing there won't be hard days when you follow the great Shepherd. Jesus told us that, "No servant is greater than his master." Jesus, the Son of man, had no place to lay His head. So you better believe we will face trials and dark valleys in this life!
BUT... His rod and staff, they are a comfort to us. He doesn't lead us into a dark valley and then say, "Alright! Fend for yourselves sheep! See ya later!"
No. He's with us.
He's with me; Comforting me in the night, and teaching me of His faithfulness. He brings defeat over my enemy. He fills my cup with blessing until it overflows! He anoints my head with oil (sets me apart for His purpose)!
What do I lack with the great Shepherd? Absolutely nothing at all. Even when I'm far from home. Even when my hands are tied. Even when I long to hold my sons and hug my husband. Even then. I can trust that He is also holding up all of the other sheep involved as well.
I didn't have that comfort before I knew Jesus. I led myself into dark valleys and chose to hang out there without a protector. But once I trusted Jesus Christ, I never have had to fear again. Sure, I've chosen fear at times. But thankfully, after a bit I feel a nudging at my shoulder. Yes, It's my Shepherd gently tapping me with His staff. He's reminding me that He is the One who led me here, and He'll be the One who leads me out in due time.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I choose to trust Him.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
2 comments:
Calley, this is beautiful! I'm so relieved to find you in better spirits. It hurts my heart for you to be down. Guess I'm just used to you being the one to encourage me. Love you, girl and will be thrilled when you can come home! :)
God is good, all the time! We love you and know that He is in complete control, watching over you and yours! Praying for things to come together very soon. Cant wait to see you guys! Hugs and Prayers! :)
Post a Comment