Monday, April 23, 2012

Hanging In and Hanging Out

When we went to the Reniac this morning, nothing had changed. There has been such a blur of phone calls and hopeful/ turned dead end circumstances today- I'm not sure if I can sort them out to explain them properly.

At first we were told that the birth certificate left Iquitos on Friday (Which, by the way, had to arrive here by plane to be completely scanned into the system before we could get it with the six copies in our hand; Contrary to what we were told before.)
But by evening, it became clear through another source that the certificate had merely been sitting in Iquitos all this time since being signed. Why? The world may never know. (:P)

We have received the assurance that we will be able to get these certificates at least by Wednesday afternoon. That's good news, but I'll rest only when they're sitting in my hand, and I'm able to embrace them like a long lost friend. And yes, I probably will do just that.

The bad news to that, is that if we can't get the certificates tomorrow, we will not, in the natural sense of what typically happens, be able to complete all embassy/passport/ID requirements in the two business days remaining in the week. That is usually a 3 day process, at the minimum. I know though, that God does not need natural and typical normalities to perform His super natural ones. This mama is not going to give up praying that she'll be cuddling her chicken pox-clad sons (and the healthy one, too) and worn out husband, this very weekend. I'm taking each day at a time and in between a few crying sessions here and there, hanging on to the knowledge that God is in control of all of this.

We have simply been hanging out today. Besides a brief walk to the vet with SeƱora Ardiles and a stop at the market and park- we've just been playing here at the casa.

Camila watched some YouTube videos with Fiorella and I yesterday that were of traditional Peruvian dances. Very cool. Camila seemed to take to the marinera, because she immediately began throwing her hand up in the air and putting her hand on her hip in imitation. Today she has been using a baby wipe to sling around, as she la-la-la's to herself. It's pretty funny!









She is now mimicking words a lot more frequently, and will say them on demand when she's in the mood. She also has been saying all sorts or things randomly, that she hears.



Earlier when she wanted to go downstairs when I was making her wait for me, she waved and said, "Chau!!" Like, "I'll see ya later mom! You're taking way too long!"

Good things are on the way. I know it's true. God didn't lead us to Peru for me to be stuck here, and very, very soon, I'll be spending the summer with my four hijos, and wonderful hubby. I keep reminding myself of these truths. So here Camila and I wait; hanging out and hanging on.





"Sigh. It's so tiring to get on this thing every day, but how else can I maintain this girlish figure?!"



"I always feel much better about my daily exercise regime after I get going! Endorphins! Endorphins! Endorphins! Weee!"

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Grubbs said...

O how I miss my sister!! Can't wait for the two of you to be back so that I can have my phone buddy back!! I love you both so much!!!