Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hanging Out-

We haven't been doing a whole lot here in Iquitos the last two days. We have been a little under the weather.
Yesterday Danny and I both woke up with some stomach troubles. We have been better today, but still not ourselves completely.
Yesterday Isaac began complaining of an earache, and thankfully we have some drops on hand. He and Isaac have gotten colds since being in Iquitos. Well, tonight Amaus followed with crying with an earache, and he is running fever with his.

I'm praying we will all be well tomorrow, and feeling like ourselves again. We are all missing home these days and praying that the next week flies by quickly. However, I've been reminded today to rejoice in even this last stretch of waiting to go home. Satan would love for us to miss out on anything God might have us learn or absorb this week, and I am praying that we won't miss a thing He has for us here in Iquitos. (No matter how homesick we are becoming)

This morning we saw Leslie off and she flew to Lima where our sweet friends Angus and Anita met her and spent the day with her in Lima. Without them, she would have been sitting at the airport for about 13 hours. We are so grateful for their help. Leslie will fly out of Lima about midnight and arrive in Houston early in the morning. She will arrive in Baton Rouge tomorrow morning. We are sure going to miss her. We were so grateful for her help- and had the most awesome time with her. I sure love Leelee, as do the kids! She is rushing home to meet her new grand baby, Israel.
Here are some pics from our day. My cell phone will be taking all of the pictures on the rest of the trip because a part is actually broken on my my wonderful Canon Rebel :/. So here goes:























3 comments:

Paige said...

How well i remember feeling yucky and just wanting to be home. These down times are just as important for the little one as the family outings are. Take lots of pics and treasure everything deep in your heart, so you can tell her all about it one day. Prayers and love being sent your way.

Jo Ann said...

Prayers that you will all be feeling better in the morning! I haven't met LeeLee, but I can tell she is awesome! So glad that she has been able to help y'all, as well as experience the 'delivery' of Camila. I'm sorry she missed the actual 'delivery' of Israel, but glad she is headed home to get some loving and be with Grubby. So sorry about your canon rebel. I know that is horrible! Thankful for the technology of having cell phones with cameras! Love the pics. She just fits in so perfectly with your little family. I love it!! Love and prayers!

Penny said...

Sorry about the stomach problems, earaches, and camera. :( Glad your cell takes pictures, though. Love and miss y'all.