Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Immigration Said No

I don't know where to begin. Everything went smoothly at the passport office at first. They accepted the law we had from the Reniac that stated they must accept the birth certificate without the seal.
The passport was made. We were called to the director's office. The director said she could not give us the passport without the official birth certificate. She said she didn't care what the Reniac laws were- her laws said only except the original. We pleaded. I prayed constantly. The answer was no.
The Reniac now says the official birth certificate should be ready by Friday. You can only get passports until 11Am. Even if it's issued first thing, we won't make it to get the passport or to the embassy in time.
That means I still can't come home yet. We will be changing two flights for a second time. That's $600.
I suppose there's a bit more sifting to go on in me yet. That's just all I know to say about that.
I'm pushing for whatever I can. I'm praying that the birth certificate will be ready sooner and the embassy will issue the visa in the same day.
There is no roller coaster comparative to adoption.
Standing on the promises-
but with shaky legs,
Calley
P.S. Thanks for praying.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm sorry, Calley. But God knows what's going on and He's working in ways that we cannot see. Keep standing.

Penny said...

This is making me so sad for y'all. :( Praying it speeds up.