Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Last Night Continued

Last night we went to the embassy doctor. She was super. I really think she was doing her best to connect some of the dots with Camila's crazy file.
After reading through everything, watching her and reading over the electroencephalogram, she said that she thought a lot of Camila's delays were due to no interaction. That she was right there with other 3 year olds on gross motor skills, but her fine motor skills and speech were significantly delayed.
She said the electroencephalogram showed a couple of waves that weren't normal, though. One doctor from Iquitos wrote that that was probably something called encephalopathy. Where for some reason her brain was affected by a sickness or parental choice while she was in utero. This doctor said we would not be able to tell the magnitude of the issue until she was completely reassessed. That it could be extremely minor, or maybe not so minor.
This obviously was not what any mama wants to hear (not that this one encephalogram is indefinitely accurate, or that this one doctor knew what was up with Camila, completely). I just about couldn't hold back the buckets of tears from all of the exhaustion of the day and hearing those words from the doctor.
Camila had been pretty unhappy the entire time we were at the office. It was like, her tenth office to visit for the day. As I struggled to keep her happy, my emotions almost got the best of me. I was able to walk outside and stroll/ hold Camila while I did some praying. I walked and prayed, and remembered each victory that the Lord has brought us through.
When I got back to the Ardiles' I didn't hold up so well. The buckets of sobbing presented themselves at the kitchen table. I am completely at home with this amazing family. They encouraged me once again.
God has refreshed me this morning. He has led us this far and His promises still stand. I believe.
I believe we are yet to behold the most magnificent miracles yet.
Off to get a passport and to the embassy!




Haha! Yes! Socks with sandals! I said I'd never do this. Marisa thinks Camila needs to dress for winter and I'm literally sweating bullets! Peruvian women dress their hijos very warm. She insisted on these socks! Haha
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Becky Ryder said...

Oh my!! So so happy for you. Crying/sobbing is so healing and God scoops you up when you cry:) Thinking about you often! The over dressing thing is common. We had to put a coat on E in Uganda when it was 80...