


Josiah helped Camila across the play bridge and tunnels!


She seriously thought the ball pit was the greatest thing known to man.

Taking a snooze in church...

Amaus explaining to Angus the various things he has at his house back in Louisiana. Haha
After church we went to Angus and Anita's for lunch and a birthday celebration for A.P.'s 14th birthday.



There home is a beautiful flat in Miraflores. It has windows all the way around. The views are incredible and the apartment is beautiful also! It's surrounded by gorgeous parks. We were able to do some walking around in the parks, and the kids really enjoyed that. The weather was PERFECT; Probably about 65 degrees.
We had a delicious Peruvian meal and a classic Peruvian cake made of a combination of gelatin and sponge cake. These are very popular here.


A.P. with his cake-

The Lamont family (minus their other daughter Chrissy who is in London)

Camila loves to ruff-house!
Tonight it began to sink in that Danny and the boys will be leaving tomorrow night for home. I know two weeks isn't that long, but it feels like an eternity to be away from Danny and the boys right now. I have never been away from Danny or the boys for more than a few days at a time- and that is an extreme rarity. It is going to be very difficult to say goodbye tomorrow. I'm trying to prepare myself now for the two weeks ahead, and how I'm going to have to direct my thoughts.
Tonight Anita and Señora Ardiles were discussing with me the upcoming two weeks. Señora Ardiles told Danny to not worry about Camila and I a bit. That we were family now, and that they would take very good care of us in Lima. They have offered to help us in any way that might make the next two weeks easier... They are praying with us that the birth certificate will come sooner.
The next two weeks would have been so much harder if it had not been for this amazing family. I would have been so, so lonely in an apartment by myself in Lima with Camila.
I know this delay is no surprise to the Lord, and I'm doing my best to gear my brain now for the battle in my mind ahead in the next two weeks. For whatever reason, Jesus must want me here in Peru a little longer. I am praying for my emotions not to get the best of me, and that God would get the glory in my remaining time here.
Please pray for Danny and the boys as they go through customs and change planes tomorrow night. Please pray for Amaus, who is used to having his mama, and is already feeling jealous. That he would not be sad on this next two weeks- and would transition easily when Camila and I get home.
PS- Danny does not have a parasite! I'm better and have been for a good bit now, so I'm not taking the test after all. Thanks so much for praying!
5 comments:
I have been thinking and praying about the fact that y'all haven't been apart but a day or so. As you said, God has a reason, and He is in Control. Thanks to God for the Ardiles! Love to all!!
It is so awesome to see Camilla experiencing all these new fun adventures! She has so much to look forward to! Praise the Lord for one less orphan! Still praying Calley that you won't be there two more weeks. I'm so thankful for the Ardiles family. Praying for Danny and the boys to have a safe trip home. TTYL Love you-Mom
You can bet that while the Ardiles' are taking care you, that we will be taking care of Danny and the boys here. We're praying that the birth certificate will come much sooner than expected. Love y'all.
Calley, so amazing to see your lives blending with those of my family in Lima! God's family is amazing. Thank you for the pics of my nephew on his birthday...an added bonus to having you there : ). We continue to pray for you all especially in this upcoming hard time of separation! God's grace is great, His timing perfect, we are resting in that!
God is using this time. Be assured. After prayer I believe He showed me that He will use this time to do great things in you and through you and in Camila too. We love you all and know that we are KEEPING you in our prayers.
Post a Comment