Tuesday, May 15, 2012

GIVEAWAY! GIVEAWAY! GIVEAWAY!


I'm having a giveaway!
When I was about 16 years old, a sweet lady gave me a little devotional book after a Sunday morning service. She explained to me, that it was only scriptures, and it had been put together by a man a long time ago named Samuel Bagster. Anne Graham Lotz is the one who had it republished and put into a modern translation.




The devotional soon became my best friend. I have read it nearly every day since then. It is just what the sweet lady told me it was. It is only scriptures. The man who put it together actually put these short morning and night devotions together for his family. I can only imagine how much time that took. There is a scripture subject at the top, and then there are scriptures, from old and new testament, that make up the body of the devotion. It is truly amazing.
I cannot tell you the times (weekly!) that the devotion is just dead on, with what I need to hear and so timely for what I may be going through.


It's dumbfounding to me, but over 6,500 people have stopped by this blog over the last month and a half. That's nuts. When I was in Peru, some of my best encouragement came from amazing friends and family, some who are neighbors to me and others who live across the country from me. You all kept me lifted up and continually were leaving comments and sending messages that blessed me immensely. It really did pull me through some tough days. I know God used so many people to strengthen and help us. Thank you. I want to give one of these bad boys away to one of you. I want to bless one amazing person with something that I know will be a real treasure to you!
I wish I could buy everyone I knew one of these devotionals. I've looked into doing it. Nobody wants to sell these gems in bulk. :/ Soooo...until then, I'm giving one away.
A brand new, beautiful, black leather, Daily Light Devotional.




To enter this giveaway, just leave a comment at the bottom of this post saying you want to enter. If you want two entries, give your friends an opportunity to win and share this blog post on your Facebook or twitter, and let me know you did so.
I will draw names out of a hat, old school style, one week from today! Can't wait to see who wins!

12 comments:

Amber said...

Well I can't enter because I've had this devotional for over a year now and read it every morning and night! :) But you're right- so many times it speaks to me personally about very specific circumstances.

Dana Roten said...

I would love to enter!

Paige said...

Encouragement? Oh, yeah, I could use a little bit more of that, (btw...trying to share on fb)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouragement you give everyday. Please put my name in the hat.

Penny said...

Sounds like a great devotional. I'm bad about not reading one a day~ I usually read them like a book. lol "Anonymous" has to come back and sign his/her name, unless you already know who they are. ;)

Anonymous said...

oooo yeah! I would love to win this little book. I love daily inspirations!! Please enter me Calley.

Love aunt juju

Julia Sandidge

Unknown said...

I would love to enter! :)

Anonymous said...

I would like to enter!

~Janelle Middleton~

Anonymous said...

I would love to enter! Aunt Cindy

Anonymous said...

I would love to enter.
Bridget Terrell

Vershal and Susannah Hogan said...

I want to enter :)

Susan said...

I would love to enter!