Monday, June 18, 2012

School's...In-For-Summer!


Okay... Today was the big day. We started school. Saturday I had not had the opportunity (or rather, I decided to go to the lake and play with my family instead!) to go through binders and organize our curriculum, etc, so I assumed we wouldn't be able to begin school this week.
But yesterday afternoon, I ended up tackling and organizing things...and giving the schoolhouse a quick wipe down. So I decided we should just go for it today.
It went surprisingly well! The kids were all great. Amaus and Camila absolutely loved the counting peg boards and learning puzzles I bought! In fact, Camila played with the pegs all morning long. She thought they were great!





The day went well, and everyone's attitudes stayed mostly in check. The boys were a little disappointed to be starting school in summer while their friends are off, but since they have already had about three months off of school, I just really felt like it's time to get back into our routine. After today, I'm wondering- had we waited a couple more months along with the rest of the populous, how much we would have forgotten by then! Wow. But then again, it was the first day. Hopefully in the next week or so our brains will finally catch up and realize school has started! :D It was a bit tough to get going on school this morning for me as well. The pool was calling my name. I know, though, we will all be so thankful for being about finished with school for the 2012-2013 year by the time our new little one arrives. This is good motivation for me to get moving.


Handwriting! Whew. So much to be done!


Amaus is doing a lacing activity where you lace a string around a fish.





Coloring in the princess coloring book is serious business!

Saturday we decided to bring the kids to a lake about 45 minutes from where we live, to swim and play. They have a sort of "beach" area and a spray ground. You would have thought we had brought the kids to the actual beach by their response. They thought it was awesome. When it was time to leave, they kept begging to stay just a little longer. It really was a super day!



























Nothing else new to report here. Everything is going well, and I have been feeling a whole lot better over the last few days, which is out and out stupendous! Nothing like feeling good after feeling terrible. It makes you want to run up and hug everyone you see, or run through a field dancing in circles, or go outside and sit in the grass and inhale and exhale a few hundred times with a big smile on your face. Ha! At least that's how I feel when I realize I finally feel good after not being well. It's just good. Real good. That's all there is to it.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Glad you're feeling better! The lake and splash park look like fun! Hope school goes well for y'all~ I'm really glad to be OUT. lol

Amber said...

Maybe you're out of the 1st tri yuckies for good. I sure hope so anyway. That lake/splash pad look cool. I need to take the fam to the lake soon.

I love and miss you. <3