Saturday, July 28, 2012

Counting Down




Well, it's hard to believe that the end of July is here! But it is! I don't know if I've ever been more happy that summer was coming to an end. I have felt like I've been inside most if the summer with icky pregnancy yuckies and I'm eager for cool fall weather and morning walks to go with them.

I've still been walking in the mornings , all except for the break when I had bad poison ivy. I notice a huge difference in how I feel when I walk and eat right. but the walking part will be great when there are some breezy mornings to go with them.


My mom and step Dad Brian came down for a visit last weekend. We had a great time!


My brother Chris and his wife Sherry, along with their kidlets, all came over to hang out and swim while Grandmother and Paw Brian were in town.



Over all things are going well. Our ultrasound is in three weeks and we have pretty much decided to let the sex of the baby be a surprise. So, it'll be tough, but I think we are going to wait it out.

I've been really wanting to get some things cleaned out and organized around the house lately. I'm hoping to tackle some of those projects today. I want to have a garage sale in September and get rid of a pretty good amount of junk. More junk means more stuff to clean. It's time for the stuff to be gone so that cleaning and day in day out living will be simpler. I can't handle closets and pantries and drawers in disarray for long.

There have been a few fixer up projects I've wanted to tackle around the house lately. I'm thinking of painting our living room an antique white, and getting rid of the gold we've had since we moved in here seven years ago. I really want to change up that room. I'm also thinking of just bringing in some other colors through throw pillows, etc. I can't wait to tackle that!

Camila has her own room, and Amaus did have his own room. Josiah and Isaac shared a room. Well basically Amaus ended up begging to sleep with Josiah or Isaac every night, and so we eventually decided to bunk up Josiah and Isaac's beds and move Amaus' twin bed in the same room. The room is very crowded, but since they only sleep in there and pretty much NEVER play inside. It works. The room that was Amaus' will become the new baby room. I will probably keep Amaus' toys in there, and his clothes in the closet, though.

I'm trying to think of a way to clean and organize that crowded room that the three boys want to share. I think I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for a bunk bed with a double bed on bottom which would free up a little bit of floor space in the room. Or possibly a bunk bed with a pull out trundle bed. I'm really thinking of repainting that room as well. It needs some shaping up. It's amazing how fast paint can need a fresh coat with three kids in the room!

The new baby room will also be needing a paint job. It's a turquoise and brown. I'm thinking of going with close to the same antique whites/bone colors in that room as in the living room. I love the vintage white tones with accessories bringing in the color. Plus, since our baby could be a boy or a girl, we'll be ready either way.


Another project I'd love to tackle is pretty scary- but I do really want to try it! Ever since we've lived here, I've wanted to change out the hideous greenish teal counter tops. They were the only real priority for me when we bought this house, and it turns out that they've also been the only thing that has never gotten changed. I've been reading up on painting countertops, and lots of people do paint Formica. It is amazing how it can be done and how amazing it can turn out if the instructions are followed and the right sealant is used. A whole kitchen can be done for a little over a hundred dollars! The only downfall is that it involves using some chemicals I can't work with while pregnant, so I'm still working on recruiting Danny's support for this project. ;)



Check out these painted counter tops!


Danny and I have been watching for a pop up camper for several months. It would really allow us to travel with five kids with more ease, and we had hoped to camp our way across the country next summer. Tent camping is great, but when you are traveling thousands of miles and often coming into campgrounds and state parks late at night, it is difficult to get camp set up with little ones running around in the dark. This would be a way for us to camp, but not be pulling a huge heavy pull behind camper.

Well, the other day we took the plunge and bought this beauty! :)) We can't wait to try it out! It sleeps way more people than you can imagine! It has a king, queen, twin and double bed! It's perfect for us!



As of right now, it's a little less than five weeks until we will be sinking our toes into the sand on Labor Day weekend. We cannot wait to play and enjoy the beach for a few days. We are so excited to see what Camila's response will be to the beach!



2 comments:

Becky Ryder said...

Cool camper! You're nesting:) R u going to post some pictures of your future new countertop? I'd love to see the change!!

Debbie said...

Hey Calley, we just bought a pop-up too! Just opened it up this week and took everything out and cleaned it up preparatory for our first big excursion...we're super excited. How funny that you guys are just diving into the same experience...wanna meet halfway and camp?? : ) Would be fun, huh..if only...