Thursday, December 20, 2012

All done!


I'm finally done Christmas shopping! Hooray! I was a little disappointed that I wasn't able to find one thing that I've been looking for for a few months. We had been out and about and Danny had mentioned that he'd really like this particular thing. Since he never says he likes, wants, or needs anything, I took a mental note then to find this thing by Christmas. I've looked everywhere I've known to, including online- and still cannot find this particular "hoodie" that he mentioned he liked. Sigh...
I did find him something else that's pretty cool, though. I hope he likes it as much.
One day last week, I needed to go get a few gifts and a lot of groceries, and rather than waiting until Danny got home to tend to the youngins' while I went shopping, I decided to knock it out with all of them in tow. We are to the point now of getting a good many looks...4 kidlets, and a very ripe pregnant lady, with a huge buggy load. If I had a dollar for every time I hear, "You've got your hands full!" It was even a little more hilarious sight this time. I had planned to be home by lunch, to no avail. So I had to make a pit stop at Sonic and grab everyone a burger. When I took a bite out of my burger, a humongous glob of ketchup landed on my huge belly. So yeah, I don't know why that cracked me up so much, but it did! I guess because it's all the more funny when the pack is lead by a waddling pregnant lady with ketchup smeared all over her shirt! Ha!




I really needed two buggies for this trip!




Lots of helpers...and they really did help me!




The boys finally got haircuts that day too!
So, since my kids don't read my blog, I can spill the beans on a few of their gifts.
We get each of our kids three gifts each, plus a stocking with some small goodies, every year. We decided a few years back that that was beyond plenty. We had one Christmas of really going overboard and vowed never to do that again! After all, Jesus was only given three gifts by the wise men! We aren't a family that buys toys for the kids year around. Our kids get some toys at Christmas, and one thing from us on their birthday. And hands down, our kids have ALWAYS preferred to play outside over anything we've ever bought them. We hope that never changes.
For several months Josiah and Isaac have both talked about wanting some Heely's shoes (the shoes with the wheel in the heel). So they each got a pair of those. Isaac and Amaus wanted a spider man hand that shot a web. They ended up getting one that shoots darts instead though...all of the web shooting hands were sold out. I think that was okay though, since one can of this "web" solution was about $8! That would have been some short lived fun!
Josiah also wanted this retro wooden game that our church childrens' pastors bring to church on Wed night sometimes called, the Wooden Labyrinth. I was so excited when I found one for him! His third gift was some drawing stuff, including a little stamp set. Isaac wanted an angry bird stuffed animal, and Amaus wanted a pillow pal and a remote control Mario car. That completes their three main gifts. Each of the boys are getting a sling shot (I know. I'm nuts.) and a new movie in their stocking too. Danny is also building them a zip line from their tree house as one little extra for them to all share. I know they're going to be so pumped about that. The only thing is, since they play out in the treehouse and around it every day, he is going to have to figure out how to set up the whole thing at some point Christmas Eve, and I'm going to have to figure out how to occupy them while he does. Hmmmm...
(I know this list of gifts is probably a really great read! Haha!)
Camila is getting a wooden kitchen that her daddy has been building for her.




It's not quite finished yet. It still has to have the burners put on it, and the glass put in the oven door. He's also going to seal the wood and stain the knobs and burners.




She's getting this little wooden mixer set, and a set of little pots. I made her an apron, and she'll be set to cook up whatever goodies she wants to!
I can't wait to see how the kiddos like their stuff!
Lately, we've been enjoying some quiet evenings at home playing games and visiting. It's been really nice. The other day Danny and Josiah had been building paper airplanes, and that got us on the discussion of making the little paper games that we made in elementary school. I couldn't remember how to make them, so I had to look them up.




We had a good time playing with these. We put little things inside like, "stand on your head and count to 10."




It turned into a pretty hilarious evening. Camila had fun trying to stand on her head.
Danny and I had a great time at our day date earlier this week. I had a prenatal with my midwife, which went well, and then we headed out to finish up shopping, and enjoyed a delicious meal at Olive Garden.
While at my prenatal, my midwife discussed with us details of what final things we might need for the birth. I have all of my ducks in a row here at home, have the birthing tub here, as I'm planning another water birth, and all of my supplies washed and waiting. My midwife thinks our little guy is already around 8 lbs. My estimated due date is January 6, but for me...that's probably more like January 10th. We'll see what happens.
I've really been praying and standing on some scriptures for a peaceful and easy birth and strong and healthy baby. I've got my favorite worship tunes saved to a play list...and so now we wait on baby.
Our entire family is excited about the bustle of celebrating coming up in the next few days! I love this time of the year!

3 comments:

Avery's Mommy said...

Sometimes I read your posts and I'm like "WOW! I know them!" y'all are seriously amazing!

Amber said...

That's exactly what our cart looks like after grocery shopping: full to the brim with kids in the mix somewhere!

Donna said...

That kitchen is awesome! Great times! The zip line is crazy fun sounding! Blessed children!