Monday, January 14, 2013

Anytime


Praise God, it appears the sickies are officially out of our home!! Woohoo!! If you've been praying for our family, THANK YOU! Thank you a million times over!! There's been no fever from Camila for a few days, and she is now over the time frame that the flu is considered contagious. The house has been disinfected for the (?) time.
I had to keep Camila home from church for one final service yesterday, just to be sure that she was not spreading the flu-love to other kids in the nursery at church. I had a prenatal out of town after church, and Danny and the entire crew road with me for company. Camila seemed to enjoy going on a drive as much as I did! We all had a great time!
I have now reached approximately 41 weeks/ 1 days pregnant. Woohoo.




I could hardly lean back far enough to get all the belly and my hand out of this photo. Oh well. If I make it to 42 weeks...I doubt there's going to be a photo, folks. :/
I was about this far over my EDD with Amaus. I really do believe in waiting on babies. God knows when they need to be born, and there's no since in manipulating things to make them more convenient for me. If a baby is still in utero, usually it is because it is still developing in one way or another. Most health organizations agree, that the reason for the insanely high cesarean rate in the US, is because of nearly all births being unnecessary inductions. We certainly are putting babies at risk when we force them out of utero before their time, or rather, create ridiculous, so called medical reasons to bring them forth early. No one benefits. It's no coincidence that most medical inductions take place on Monday mornings, or Friday mornings, or a couple of days before big holidays. There are rare cases when medical induction may be necessary, but those cases are surely the minority. My first two births were unnecessary medical inductions, and I can say with complete honesty that those births and recoveries were way more difficult than the last one. I'm praying this little fellow comes at just the right time, whenever that may be! However, I admit that waiting it out does get difficult when you're a huge butter-ball of hormones and aches and you're ready to be holding your baby! That being said, if I haven't gone into labor by Friday, I'll have to call my back up OB and schedule a non-stress test. A simple test that can monitor the baby's movements, heart rate, and any contractions, and can reveal how the baby is fairing in utero. I really feel close to having the baby now, though. It feels like labor could begin at any time.
"So....Baby Reed, in case you've been waiting for the okay...You can come now! The coast is clear!"
Yesterday Isaac celebrated his 7th birthday!! I can't believe it! We will have a party for him in a few weeks. But yesterday, he woke up to a balloon filled kitchen and we had some cupcakes as a family.












I thought it would've been cool for Isaac to be able to get a baby brother on his birthday, but I guess God thought otherwise. Lol So, we are waiting, waiting, waiting here! My next post SURELY will say, "Welcome Baby Reed!" Either that, or maybe I'll be pregnant forever. ;)

3 comments:

Amber said...

As you well know, I agree wholeheartedly on waiting until baby is ready to enter the world and not mama, daddy, doctor, or whoever else wants to "get the show on the road". As a society, we've grown so impatient, greedy, and spoiled. Besides, in the grand scheme of things, what's another week or two anyway?

Hang in there mama because that sweet little baby is coming sooooon!

Penny said...

Amen!

Penny said...

You won't be pregnant forever, although it may feel like it. Lol Shelbi's the only one that didn't come before her due date~ actually she was a day early from my cycle date, but two days late according to the ultrasound. But that last month.....felt like two. So I get you, girl! Now that the flu is over, maybe he'll come on out. :)