This morning we woke up to a yard extremely flooded! The rain has been coming down in buckets all night, and isn't supposed to slack off any time soon.

My front yard

My side yard
As I mentioned before, everyone in our household is well, except for Camila. This morning she woke up once again with almost 102 fever, and a constant cough. Her cough was so bad, I ended up deciding to bring her to the doctor in this "monsoon." This is day 5 of Camila running fever and laying around.
The doctor did the test, and Camila does in fact have the flu. We are to continue the over the counter cough meds and fever reducers. The doc said that Camila should be on the mend after the weekend, but until then, she would still be contagious.

Camila on the way to see the doctor, wearing her favorite hat
I'm attempting to gear up my brain for a few more days of hunkering down and staying inside. Besides a brief outing on New Year's Day, before we realized the culprit of Amaus' extreme grouchies being sickness, I have not been out of the house much at all in nearly three weeks. I think my daily walks have kept me sane!
Right now I'm brainstorming for some things to keep my hands and mind busy this weekend. I'm considering trying to cook up some meals to freeze. That's one project I haven't seemed to get around to. If it didn't feel like spring outside, I might feel like knitting something, but it's difficult to find the motivation in 60 something degree weather. Maybe I'll find some craft projects to work on with the kids, though.
I'm pushing the thought of going in labor from my mind right now. I'm not sure what I would do if I did go in labor. While we have a plan for all of our kids when the time comes for baby Reed, we don't feel right leaving our little girl, who is sick and contagious with the flu, with anyone until she is well. I also do not want to be laboring alone while Danny tends to Camila. It's best for me not to think of all of the what-ifs at the moment. I know the Lord has a perfect time for our baby to be born, and I'm going to trust that He'll work out all of the details.
This morning I was reading Psalm 84, an all time favorite. The last part of the chapter really spoke to me. The Lord of Heaven's Armies is the one fighting on my behalf, as His child. There is nothing but joy in store for those who choose to trust HIM.

Even on the worst, rainiest, sickest and gloomiest day I'll ever experience on this earth, there is no place I'd rather be than right in the center of His will, abiding in His presence, and trusting in His care. I lived far away from that peace years ago, and I can say with complete confidence and assurance, that resting in the Lord of Heaven's Armies is the greatest place to reside, on ANY day. Truly, better is one day in His courts than a thousand elsewhere! No one who trusts in Him will be disappointed.
Saturday I will be approximately 41 weeks pregnant. :) My Lord knows what we need, and He is already working on our behalf. I'm sure of that.
2 comments:
Yes, He is working things out! :). So sorry our girl is sick~ sorry the boys were as well. Hope all the germs are gone soon! :)
We are just recovering from two weeks of the flu. Yesterday was my first day out in three week too! I will be praying for you. That need to have everything and everyone in place for the baby's delivery is well remembered.... I also remember how our dear friends and family swooped in at just the right moment (flu, strep throat and all!) Happy labor to you!
Post a Comment