This weekend was seemingly busy. We were mainly just doing things around the house that needed tending to. It was time to do BIG grocery shopping. So Friday night, Danny, Salem, and I headed to the getting place and got a month's supply of groceries. I find that we save way more money if I shop like that, besides the added perk of not having to go to the store again for four weeks. That in itself makes me want to throw a party. :) Of course, a few things will have to be picked up, like bread, salad stuff, and fruit. Danny will pick that stuff up on his way home from work when it's needed. Other than that, we're set for the month on all groceries and supplies. The only way I can shop like this is by planning out a month's worth of meals. I've sort of figured out through trial and error what meals last for us, and what meals do not. I did find a blog through Pinterest that boasts providing the recipes and shopping lists for 32 meals, for only $150. I think it's actually pretty accurate money-wise, but for our family with six current grocery consumers, it doesn't last us near that long. I think it does last us around 15 meals (because of leftovers) though, which is pretty super! They're crock-pot meals. You can find the info here. After doing this a couple of times, we've figured out that our family doesn't really like the sweet potato/chicken meal. The rest are pretty swell!

After a couple of hours of shopping. EXHAUSTED but satisfied. :)
Saturday morning I had intended to get going on freezing some of these meals, but Salem wasn't interested in supporting me in that venture. He did help me chop up a lunch salad.

Apparently, I was also taking a nap during salad making time.
And while I was "napping" and chopping...

Daddy decided it would be a great idea to squirt the kids with the kitchen, uh, squirter. What is that thing called, anyway?!


What can I say? We're just living la vida loca here in Reedville. The kids prefer it that way, I think.
And Salem did get a little bath, which he LOVES these days.




All clean!

Danny and the older guys had an afternoon "dude date" to the movies.
And the meals did end up getting put into freezer bags, even if it was by midnight! Now we have meals set for a while, and I'm planning to go to bed very early tonight!!
1 comment:
you amaze me! groceries for the whole month. that sounds awesome. i hate grocery shopping. i put it off to the last possible moment. that means I had to go with a baby in the rain the other day. that was not fun!
Post a Comment