Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pre-Made Breakfasts and Southern Lingo

There are a few things that I've learned to do on the weekends that help breakfasts run smoother during the week.

My mother in law taught me this biscuit trick! Mix up your favorite biscuit recipe. I follow the one on the self-rising flour bag. Yes, they are the wonderful, southern, delicious "cat-head" biscuits. Southern people actually call them that. Cat head biscuits. I have no idea where that came from, but don't let it detour you from yummy southern biscuits. I mean, the phrase cat-head biscuits is as old as a coon's age. (Another crazy southern saying that I use and have no idea what means. A coon's age? Eh...whatever.)






After you've placed the un-cooked biscuits on greased pans, place them in the freezer. After the biscuits are frozen solid, place them in freezer bags. (Or cover the pans and simply put the whole pan in the oven when you're ready to cook them!)



Yay! Biscuits for the week! Now you merely have to place these on a pan! Who needs Pillsbury canned biscuits?


Yummy cat head biscuits! ;)


We have made it a tradition in our house to have pancakes for supper nearly every Sunday night. When we do, we cook a pile of extra cakes and freeze them for future breakfasts. Another quick breakfast!



Something else you can do with pancakes to make them an on-the-go breakfast:

-Add peanut butter, and a little sugar or honey to the mix. They are more hardy and don't need syrup, so they work great for grabbing and eating on the go.

-Sprinkle a little bit of powdered sugar on them after they're warmed up. They're not that messy, and still a good thing to eat while running out the door!

No comments: