Thursday, April 11, 2013

These Crazy Chillins


My older sans, Josiah and Isaac have gotten more and more brave about finding and PICKING UP snakes lately. They have learned about what snakes are poisonous, and are comfortable picking up non-poisonous snakes when they see them.




It's a daily adventure for them!
"What creatures can we find today?!" And, "How can we freak Mom out today?"




Lately, this little fellow has learned some new tricks. Salem has discovered and LOVES his hands. They're toys! They're chewing devices! They're your own special overhead mobile! Awesome!




Mmmmmmm...




Salem has lost some of his hair, but it is still very wild. The other day after a game, these crazy chillins' crazy mama locked her keys in the car after a ballgame. I thought I'd outgrown that. But alas... after the game, there were the keys hanging in the ignition, and there I was outside of the locked doors of the vehicle, with Salem in the mei tai, and a t-ball player at my side. We had to wait out in some pretty strong wind for roadside assistance to come and retrieve my keys. Salem's hair was a hilarious sight after that windy-wait!




Another one of our kids, Amaus, the afore-mentioned t-ball player, has discovered something else to do with his hands, too! Talent abounds, I tell you what!




Camila has gotten to be quite the little comedian lately. She tries to say things or put words together that she thinks will make us laugh. The other night I told her to say, "Night-Night Mama," and she said, "Night-Night horsey!" This was a few minutes after I had tried to coach her in saying another phrase with 'horsey' in it. We have been working on putting two and three word phrases together. She is doing better and better at expressing herself!
I love these crazy chillins!

1 comment:

Penny said...

Love the new header and the pictures on the sidebar! :) The post is cute, too. Just everyday tales are sometimes the best blog fodder. :)