If you just happened to visit my blog, you can read about our journey to adopt here.
Leslie and I had a blast this weekend at the New Orleans Baby Fest!
We left out at 3:30AM on Saturday morning and arrived in New Orleans around 7:00AM. We got set up with the other moms who shared a booth with us. All of the women in our booth make homemade things. (http://whilethebabessleep.blogspot.com/) Les and I set up the aprons in plenty of time before the bustle of people came in to the fest. It was a lot of fun meeting people and selling aprons. Honestly, sales weren't that great until a baby shop specializing in natural and local hand made products in New Orleans called Zuka Baby purchased 5 sets of mother/ daughter aprons! That was a blessing! Hopefully those will sell really well there and she will get more!
While I was gone, Danny and Mrs. Betty had a garage sale as well. Over all, our weekend efforts to raise more adoption funds brought in about $830.00! It feels good to see God's hand at work, and His blessing our work to raise the adoption funds.
I am officially taking a week or two off from sewing! It is a relief to know that I can school the boys and keep house this week with no added responsibilities! I see some book reading, park going, library going and playing- coming in my immediate future! Also, this upcoming Thursday we will be taking off for a couple of days of camping at a state park on the beach!! I cannot wait to relax and spend some time with the family. It is the perfect time for us to take a few days away after the busy last couple of months we have had.
To date- apron sales, donations, garage sales, scrap iron sales, savings, and tupperware party have raised $5,685 towards our adoption. (In three months) Praise God!!
2 comments:
The second Tupperware check should be here anyday now and I'll mail the total amount as soon as it does! :-)
Thanks so much for everything Nikki. It was so awesome of you to do this. :)
Post a Comment